Thursday, October 23, 2014

Monster Smash Halloween Cookies

Monster Smash Cookies from Dishin' with Dixie



We have two big bags of candy in our house that the boss (who is not me, just to clarify) says we can't touch until Halloween.  Torture!  I confess that I may have made a small, unnoticeable cut in one of the bags (okay, both of them) and have been sneaking a piece (or two [or three]) throughout the day.  It was the perfect crime....until I got caught.

Now both bags of candy reside on the highest shelf of the kitchen, sealed until further notice.  *sigh*

To distract our attention away from the bags of sweet, Halloween goodness I am making cookies.  Not just any cookies, but Monster Cookies...(someone whispers in my ear that Monster Cookies will require a trip to the store *grumble*)....I mean (looks in pantry...peanut butter, oatmeal, and Halloween themed chocolate chips?), Halloween Cookies.  Yeah, Halloween Cookies...that's a thing, right?

Halloween Cookies

Dixie's Base Cookie Recipe (add in 1 cup chunky peanut butter when you add the eggs)
1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
1 bag chocolate chips

Bake until delicious and consume until Jenny Craig in called for an intervention.  (Or follow the recipe that's linked above.)

Actually the moment you pull these out of the oven give them a light smash with the bottom of a glass or small jar.  My cookies came out as round little, meatball-looking things.  I like my cookies to look more like cookies so I decided to smoosh them.  I think it made them even better to be honest.  My guy asked, "You made these?"  He said they looked professional.  I'll take that as a compliment, thanks! LOL

Happy not-yet-Halloween day!

Dixie's Seal of Approval

No comments:

Post a Comment