Friday, October 17, 2014

Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff

Slow Cooker Stroganoff



Stroganoff is a favorite in our house.  I usually make a quicker version that uses ground beef but today I felt like making it in the crock pot so I used a nice, lean cut of top round that I sliced thin.  I also used fresh baby Bella mushrooms for a little something extra.

I messed up and forgot to buy an onion but luckily I had a can of French onion soup in the pantry so I thought, what the heck, and used that instead.  I think the soup actually took this dish to another level.  It was really delicious.  Everyone had seconds.

Slow Cooker Stroganoff

1 pound piece of lean beef, any cut (I used top round)

1 can French onion soup

2 cans cream of mushroom soup

½ teaspoon black pepper

2 teaspoons paprika

1 tablespoon parsley flakes

1 pint fresh mushrooms (I used baby Bellas), sliced

1 cup sour cream

12 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained

Parsley flakes, for garnish (optional)

 

Add all three cans of soup to slow cooker along with pepper, paprika, and parsley.  Stir to combine.

Cut the beef into ¼-inch thick slices and add to cooker.  Stir well before placing the lid on.  Set time for either 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW.

About a half hour before the end of the cooking time stir in the mushrooms.  Alternatively you could saute the mushrooms in a little oil and a pinch of salt and add to the stroganoff when you add the noodles.

When cooking time is complete stir in sour cream.  Then stir in egg noodles.  Garnish with a little extra parsley, if desired, and serve hot.

Click HERE for a printable version of this recipe.

Dixie's Seal of Approval

1 comment:

  1. I just made a very similair beef stroganoff in my slow cooker the other day! It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete