Friday, October 10, 2014

Slow-Cooker Cube Steak with Gravy from The Country Cook

Cube Steak with Gravy



I love this recipe.  I love this recipe so much that I am dedicating my first Slow-Cooker Saturday to this recipe.  The first time I tried this it was actually made by someone else and it was amazing.  I've made it twice on my own and I'm sure I'll make it a hundred more times before I retire from cooking (like that will ever happen).

I insist that if you own a slow-cooker and if you are not a vegetarian that you give this one a try.  You can post your thank you's below after your first bite absolutely melts in your mouth and you are transported to your happy place.

This is an amazing thing to come home to after a long day.  The aroma...forget about it!

Alright, alright...I digress.  Without further ado I give to you Cube Steak with Gravy by The Country Cook.

Slow Cooker Cube Steak with Gravy

1 ½-2 pounds Cube Steak

1 package Brown Gravy Mix

1 package of Au Jus mix

1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup, low sodium (or Cream of Mushroom Soup)

1 Can French Onion Soup, low sodium

1 Can of Water

 

Directions:

In a medium bowl, combine soups and package mixes and mix well. Put cube steak in slow cooker. Pour soup mixture over cube steak. Cover slow cooker and cook steak on low for 6-8 hours.

Serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.

 

Cook’s Note: If you are overly sensitive to salt, I would suggest using lower sodium options for the French Onion Soup as well as the gravy mixes. If the gravy still seems too salty for your tastes, just add a little cream or brown sugar and stir.

Yes, it can get a bit salty so do be aware of that while you are preparing it.  Do not add extra salt to season the meat.  Normally I would for cube steak but it is totally not needed for this recipe.  I usually skip the Au Jus packet and the water and instead add a can of beef broth and I use cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken.  I've served this once with rice and once with mashed potatoes.  I think it would also be really good with egg noodles.

Click HERE for a printable version of this recipe.

Check out what else Brandie over at The Country Cook has to offer.  She posts the best stuff.

Also check out my Pinterest board, "What A Crock", for more slow-cooker recipes.

Dixie's Seal of Approval

No comments:

Post a Comment