Monday, November 17, 2014

Meal #2 - Spaghetti and Meatballs

Spaghetti and Meatballs from Dishin' with Dixie



I'm sick.  Everyone in my house is sick, including the baby.  It's been a long day.  This post might be brief.

This is meal #2 of my Aldi 25 Experiment: Spaghetti and Meatballs with Yeast Rolls and Salad (the salad was optional and only one person ate any, so not counting that).

Here's the tally:
Homemade sauce (32 oz or 1/3 of whole batch) - $1.47
Homemade Meatballs (1 dozen or 1/3 of whole batch) - $2.84
Rolls (made entirely from items in my pantry) - $0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$4.31 for 5 servings (or $0.86 per serving)

Booyeah! lol

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce (it's super good)
Homemade Meatballs
Yeast Rolls
I even made dessert Dana's Lemon Cake Pie

Thank you to Lauren at iamthatlady.com for the yummy recipes.
I'm going to go pass out now.

Toodles.

Dixie's Seal of Approval

2 comments:

  1. […] refer to my previous post for a rundown of the cost of this meal (CLICK HERE).  We ate exactly the same thing as listed there except I made some, from scratch, homemade […]

    ReplyDelete