Monday, November 24, 2014

Meal #6 - Chicken Noodle Soup

Meal #6 of my Aldi 25 Experiment was Chicken Noodle Soup.  With Thanksgiving coming up in less than a week making this meal now gave me the opportunity to stock up on homemade chicken stock which I use in several of my T-Day dishes.  Two birds, one stone.  That's my kind of cooking.



No photo this time but since I made a double batch this dish will rotate back around in two weeks and I'll try to remember to snap a pic then.

Once again you can head on over to iamthatlady.com for the recipe, click HERE.

The tally goes a little something like this:
Chicken (I used leg quarters) - $5.79
Carrots - $0.50
Celery - $0.50
Onion - $1.13
Noodles - $1.25
------------------------------------------------------------
This made two batches so the total of one is $4.59 for 8 servings (that's $0.57 per serving!!!!!)

$0.57 per serving.  That's incredible.  And this was a hearty and filling soup.  We're not talking a little can of Campbell's that leaves you hungry an hour later.  This was very rib-sticking and satisfying.  The leftovers made great lunches too.

You gotta make this :)

Dixie's Seal of Approval

1 comment: