Monday, November 24, 2014

Meal #8 - Salmon Patties

Salmon Patties from Dishin' with Dixie



Meal #8 of my Aldi 25 Experiment was a first.  I've never before made nor eaten Salmon Patties.  I usually make Tuna Patties (this is the BEST tuna pattie recipe).  I also made Tartar Sauce tonight.  I've never before tasted nor created Tartar Sauce.  It's not bad.  The name puts me off though, can't say why really.

Anywho.....

I'm not going to tally this one because I received most of the items for no cost so it would be very misleading to tally it up.  Oh, look, it's $0.27 per serving.......no, it's not lol.  So, just a couple recipes this time.

Salmon Patties
2 cans salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
1 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 small onion, finely diced
1 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
Dash of salt and pepper
1/2 cup crushed saltines or Ritz crackers (can substitute bread crumbs)
Vegetable oil

Combine salmon, mustard, egg, onion, Old Bay, salt and pepper and stir with a fork until just combined.  Add cracker crumbs and stir to incorporate.  Shape in 10-12 patties.

Add just enough vegetable oil to a large skillet to coat the bottom well.  Heat over medium-high heat.  Pan-fry salmon patties 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

Serve with fresh lemon or Tartar sauce.

Quick Tartar Sauce

1 cup Miracle Whip or mayo
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish

Combine all and stir well.

Click HERE for a printable version of this recipe.

I served my patties with Broccoli Salad and Easy Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese.

Salmon Patties from Dishin' with Dixie

Toodles!

Dixie's Seal of Approval

1 comment: