Thursday, November 20, 2014

Meal #5 - BBQ Chicken Sammies

BBQ Chicken Sammies with Dishin' with Dixie





Meal #5 of my Aldi 25 Experiment was a slow-cooker recipe.  And thank goodness for that since I'm still sick and fatigued.  This is the worst cold I've ever had.  I'm soldiering through though and getting dinner on the table every evening.

Here's the tally:
1 1/2 of frozen chicken breasts - $3.25
1 bottle BBQ sauce (had on hand) - $0
Italian dressing - $0.16
Hamburger buns - $0.99
Fries (had on hand) - $0
Corn - $0.99
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
$5.39 for 6 servings ($0.90 per serving!!!)

I actually could have made 8 sandwiches.  So, yeah, this is amazing.  Less than one dollar per serving for a home-cooked, wholesome meal.

Head over to iamthatlady.com for the recipe: CLICK HERE

Enjoy!

Dixie's Seal of Approval

2 comments: