Saturday, December 27, 2014

Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza

Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza from Dishin with Dixie



Monday means pizza in our house.  I'm finally getting the hang of the crust.  The pizza dough recipe I'll be posting below is by far the best one I've tried so far and it's so quick, I love it.  This was supposed to be a supreme pizza like I made last week but someone with "mom brain" completely spaced and forgot to buy mozzarella cheese.  I forgot to get a lot of things on our last shopping trip.  I blame xmas.  So, anyway, I could have ventured out into the cold rain to go get cheese or just figure out an alternative.  And so Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza was created on that day and all were happy.

Here's the tally:
Ground beef - $2.98
Cheddar cheese - $1.89
Tomato paste - $0.39
Onion - $0.19
Flour - $0.50
Yeast - $0.26
Ketchup - $0.30
----------------------------------------------------

For a total of $6.51 for two pizzas or 8 servings (that's $0.81 per serving)

The pizza dough recipe can be found over on Chef in Training.

For the sauce, since the pizza is supposed to taste like hamburgers, I used ketchup instead of tomato sauce.

1 can tomato paste
1 cup ketchup

Still well.  Use half for one pizza.

I thought it was a little too ketchup tasting so next time I'll use half tomato sauce and half ketchup.  I got no complaints from the rest of the table though so if you love ketchup go for a full cup.

Toppings:
Ground beef, cooked and drained of excess fat and seasoned with Lawry's seasoned salt
1/2 cup real bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon
1/2 cup onion, diced and cooked with the ground beef (raw would be okay though)
8 ounces mild Cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup dill pickles, diced

Bake them for about 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven.

Quite yummy considering I made the recipe up on the spot.  Will definitely make them again.

Hope you are having a lovely and enjoyable holiday season.

Dixie's Seal of Approval

No comments:

Post a Comment