Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Peppermint Oreo Tuffles

Peppermint Oreo Truffles from Dishin with Dixie



If you need a quick and easy treat to take to a holiday party or for any occasion these truffles are perfect.  With only four ingredients and no baking needed they are a winner in my opinion.

You can find the recipe over on Inside Bru Crew Life.

The 10 ounces of candy coating listed in the recipe only covered a little over half of my truffles.  I needed 7 blocks of candy coating (or almond bark) and used 1 1/2 teaspoons of shortening.

Make sure the truffles are very cold before dipping in the candy coating or they will break apart.

If you can't find the Andes baking bits I think you could substitute crushed candy canes.  Crushed candy canes would also make a nice decoration.

These were delicious and I highly recommend giving them a try.

Happy Holidays!

Dixie's Seal of Approval

No comments:

Post a Comment